Hello everyone!
As most of you would know, I am currently in the adventure capital of the world - New Zealand!
I have been super busy since arriving in Auckland 10 days ago on Sunday 15th of January, and have almost completed my travels of the North Island.
While in Auckland I walked 120m around the Sky Tower and then jumped off for the Sky Jump to a big red target 190m below. Next stop was the small town of Paihia in the Bay of Islands, where I joined the Rock the Boat houseboat for 2 days of fishing, night kayaking, sunbathing and swimming in the crystal clear, but super salty ocean. After that it was off the Coromandel for a quick overnight stop to eat and shower, before heading along the east coast towards Rotorua. Along the way we stopped at the beautiful Cathedral Cove, part of the set of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, for a swim and some sunbathing. as well as the small town of Paeroa, the original home of New Zealand's L&P drink. In Rotorua I did Zorbing - the art of climbing into a human-sized hamster ball half-filled with water and rolling down a giant hill - and visited Hell's Gate mud spa for some rejuvenation time. The next night we stayed at a traditional Maori Marae, a place for Maori gatherings. From Rotorua, we travelled to Tongariro National Park, where I drove/walked 1600m up a snow-capped Mount Rhuapehu. Currently I'm on my way to windy Wellington, where we'll have the whole afternoon to do whatever we want. I'm hoping to visit the Te Papa museum, New Zealand's museum of history and culture.
Come back in a few days for more exciting adventures.
Emma xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment